Sunday, April 30, 2017

4/30/1982 A is for Alibi

April 30, 1982. This date saw the publication of  A is for Alibi, by Sue GraftonIn it she invented Kinsey Milhone, was one of the first female private eyes to make an impression.

One of the unique things about the series is that they have stayed in the 1980s, progressing a few months in each book.  By the time Z is for Zero arrives Kinsey may have a cell phone.  It is rare for a series to turn into historical fiction.

MWA named her a Grand Master in 2009.  I won't list all the other awards.  I will say Grafton is one of my favorite writers of P.I. short stories.

1 comment:

  1. ...and there aren't a lot of the short stories! In the '90's I regularly scoured the book racks in the truck stops for anthologies containing her stories!

    ReplyDelete