Friday, April 17, 2015

4/17/1919 Julian Fast is born

April 17, 1919.  Julian Fast was born on this day.  In 1946 he won the very first Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America, for his novel, Watchful At Night, which he wrote while serving in the Army Medical Corps.  He wrote several more detective novels but is perhaps most famous for his pop psychology books, especially Body Language (1970).  His big brother, Howard Fast, was also a the author of many books, including mysteries under the name E.V. Cunningham..

About the illustration: I couldn't find a picture of the cover of Watchful At Night, but Out Of This World is a fantasy collection Fast edited while still in the Army.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome to use my photograph, from my own personal collection. Send me an email and I can send it to you. Love his work! picksbypat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete